Sunday, November 14, 2010

Efficiency and the Double Flush

It is quite odd, but many of my ideas or posts come from things I notice in the restroom, which by the way is not a proper name for this location as a lot of work goes on in this so called room for rest.  Don't judge me, just read. 

My most recent observation relates to the gallons of water wasted in this facility.  No, I am not talking about the normal amount of water that goes down with each magical push of a lever, as I am not going green with this post.  Instead, I am talking to those individuals who, out of habit, flush the urinal as they walk up to it.  I am not sure what this accomplishes.  Is it that the waterfall sound helps you get started?  Is it that individuals who do this feel even their waste can't possibly be mixed with waste of others?   Pretty pretentious.  Do women ever do this, or is it a characteristic unique to men. 

Double flushers, save the earth.  Only push the button once.  Stop being like a kid who just discovered a noise making toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment