Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bad Decisions Volume #1

We are getting a new burrito place in my office building.  At first, I was excited, thinking Chipotle or Qdoba.  Hell, I would even take a Moe's.  My excitement dwindled quickly though, as I discovered the new spot was called "Fast Burrito."  Not exactly a name that shows owners taking pride in delivering culinary delights.  I was very confused by this development, as my office is nowhere near a bar and the building is not open at 2 am.  I am not sure this place is going to make it without the late night market.  I think some beverages have to be consumed for a place like Fast Burrito to sound enticing. 

This got me thinking about the misguided thoughts of those who judge drinking.  Don't they consider the harm to the economy if we stopped?  There is a whole industry that can only survive if people are making bad decisions.  Think of the thousands of jobs being held by the late night garbage food market, such as the hot dog stand vendors that wait outside bars.  What about the transportation industry, such as the cab drivers that can actually make money by fleecing someone too drunk to know how far out of the way they went (haven't you had to pay $10 to go to the next bar one block away).  What about that fine gentleman walking around trying to sell roses?  Do you think anybody sober would make the decision to buy one of those?

I say we need drinks.  Not only for our souls, but also to ensure the survival of capitalism.  Bad decisions lead to spending more money.  Which leads to more drinking because of your bad decisions.  Which leads to more spending money.  Obama should take note.  Buy people free drinks to get the economy kick-started.  It is what America is all about.  Well, that and Jersey Shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment